Monday 9 January 2023

2023: The Year of Aun

If you're a heathen of my ilk, you'll be engaged and excited by "The Year of Aun", as explained by the Nordic Animism channel.

The rebirth of the 8-year-cycle of festivals and celebration is a momentous occasion for all heathens.  Add to that the goal of healing the world of the various toxins of modernity and it becomes a recipe for creating hope in a time of bitter darkness.

Most of the online content relating to #Aun2023, though, is the work of highly educated and very knowledgeable individuals.  Each with vast knowledge in related and Aun-adjacent subjects; animism, anthropology, history, sociology linguistics.  

While the online content from many of these experts is very accessible and entertaining, I can't help but feel under qualified when I try to engage or join in.

So, in this post (finally getting to the point), I'll be listing my plans and goals that I hope will serve as my modest observance and contribution to the #Aun2023 phenomena.

1.  Educate myself.  Reading up on subjects that I feel will enhance my appreciation of #Aun2023.  Animism, Norse mythology, history, world politics, ecology & green issues, decolonisation and indigeneity.

2.  Hiking and exploring my local area.  The northwest has some beautiful landscapes.  I want to explore these and also learn the history of the places I visit.

3. Gardening. Reconnecting with nature and my own spirituality through the simple toil and natural interaction of working in my garden.

4.  Art.  I'm not much of an artist, but I want to practice my bass more.  Then, perhaps, in another 8 years I might compose some Aun-inspired music.

5.  Physical Culture.  Using martial arts and meditation - through practising baguazhang - to improve myself, my understanding and my connection to the universe 

6.  Interactions with friends, neighbours and family. Connecting more widely with my fellow humans being just as important as reconnecting with other then humans.

So, this is my "2023 Year of Aun for Dummies".  Watch this space for updates as to how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment